Last Revised: November 2, 2018
Thank you for choosing to use our services.
Fundky is a part of Technologies ODE Inc company.
Below we have listed important legal terms that apply to anyone who visits our website or uses our services. These terms are necessary in order to protect both you and us, and to make our services possible and more enjoyable for everyone. Fundky offers a wide range of services and features and part of the terms below may not be relevant to the specific services you use.
We understand that legal terms can be exhausting to read, and we’ve tried to make the experience more pleasant. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve them, you are more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.1. Our Purpose
Our services offer our users the ability to easily create beautiful and highly functional online presence for non profit organisation, associations and website revolving around those concepts, to manage and promote businesses, content and ideas, and have an overall great experience doing so – without being tech-savvy or a design guru. As detailed below, we offer our users numerous tools and features for creating, publishing and use of stunning websites, online donation platforms, newsletters, galleries, media players, mobile apps and other online and mobile online and mobile applications, tools and services. The online and mobile websites and platforms created by Users are collectively referred to herein as (“User Platform(s)”).
Fundky.com offers online and mobile services and tools, that let create, manage and or/use your own online and mobile presence.
1.2. Legal Agreement
The Fundky Terms constitute a binding and enforceable legal contract between Fundky.com (Technologies ODE Inc.). and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries worldwide (“Fundky”, “us” or “we”) and you in relation to the use of any Fundky Services – so please read them carefully.
1.3. User Account
In order to access and use certain sections and features of the Fundky Services, you must first register and create an account with Fundky (“User Account”).
If anyone other than yourself accesses your User Account and/or any of your User Platforms’ settings, they may perform any actions available to you (unless as specifically stated otherwise on the Fundky Services), make changes to your User Platform(s) and User Account, and accept any legal terms available therein, make various representations and warranties and more – and all such activities will be deemed to have occurred on your behalf and in your name.
Therefore, we strongly encourage you to keep the log-in credentials of your User Account confidential, and allow such access only to people you trust – as you will be solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User Account and/or User Platforms (including for any representations, warranties and undertakings made therein), whether or not specifically authorized by you, and for any damages, expenses or losses that may result from such activities.
You must provide accurate and complete information when registering your User Account and using the Fundky Services, to which you are the sole and exclusive rights holder. We strongly encourage you to provide your own (or your company’s) contact and billing details, including your valid e-mail address, as we may use it to identify and determine the actual and true owner of the User Account and/or User Content (as defined below) submitted to us.
In case of a dispute on User Account ownership, we reserve the right to determine ownership to a User Account based on our reasonable judgment, whether or not an independent investigation has been conducted by us. However, if we cannot make such determination (as we may deem in our sole discretion), we reserve the right to avoid doing so and/or suspend a User Account until the parties disputing such ownership, reach a resolution, without liability to you or to any other party. We may request documentation (e.g. government-issued ID, a business license) that may assist us in determining ownership. Among others, we may consider the principles set forth below.
1. Fundky will consider the owner of a User Account, User Platform and/or User Content created and/or uploaded to the relevant Fundky Service, as the person or entity who has access to the e-mail address then listed in Fundky’s records for such User Account under which such User Platform or User Content was created.
2. If any Paid Services (as defined in Section 5 below) were purchased via a User Account, Fundky will consider the owner of such User Account and/or the relevant User Platform and/or User Content created thereunder, may be considered to be the person or entity whose billing details were used to purchase such Paid Services (“Billing Information”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, when applicable if a User Platform was connected to an external domain name (either imported or purchased as part of certain Paid Services, as defined below), and such domain’s registration information is publicly available via the WHOIS database provided on the www.whois.net website or on Fundky’s database, Fundky will consider the owner of such User Platform as the person or entity registered as the registrant of such domain thereunder. In the event that an individual and an organization are both registered as the registrant or the registrant organization of such domain, Fundky will consider the organization as the actual owner of the domain, and therefore as the owner of the User Platform connected to such domain. In event the Billing Information indicates one person as the owner of the User Platform and the domain registration indicates a different owner, Fundky shall consider the person registered as the owner of the domain connected to the Fundky Account as the owner of the User Platform.
3. Notwithstanding the forgoing, Fundky shall have the right to determine the ownership of User Content and/or a User Website as it chooses, including by ignoring the indications set forth above, in event Fundky deems, at its sole discretion, that the situation justifies such determination, all based upon the factual situation as determined by Fundky.
To use certain of our services, you need to create a user account.
You should keep your username and password protected and safe, and only allow people you trust to access your account or website settings.
All activities that occur under your user account or website are your responsibility.
The account information you provide us must be your own (or your company’s), and be accurate and complete.
When a user account is disputed, we may determine the ownership of such user account.
2. Your Obligations
2.1. You represent and warrant that:
1. you are at least thirteen (13) years of age, or sixteen (16) years of age if you are an individual within the European Union (EU), or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into the Fundky Terms and to form a binding agreement, for yourself or on behalf of the person or entity committed by you to the Fundky Terms;
2. you are not a resident of (or will use the Fundky Services in) a country that the Canadian government has embargoed for use of the Fundky Services;
3. your country of residence and/or your company’s country of incorporation is the same as the country specified in the contact and/or billing address you provide us;
4. you understand that Fundky does not provide any legal advice or any recommendation with respect to any laws or requirements applicable to your use or any of your End Users, or your compliance therewith;
And specifically regarding your User Content:
5. you confirm you own all rights in and to any content uploaded or provided by you, or imported, copied or uploaded by Fundky Services for you, to your User Platform (“User Content”), including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, code, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, usernames, information you provide for the purpose of creating a subdomain name, text, literary works and any other materials (“Content”), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the User Content, as necessary to legally access to, import, copy, use, publish, transfer or license such User Content, by you and us or any of our affiliates;
6. you have (and will maintain) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority to allow Fundky Services to access any websites, web pages and/or other online services, for the purpose of importing, copying, displaying, uploading, transmitting and/or otherwise using, your User Content.
7. the User Content is (and will continue to be) true, current, accurate, non-infringing upon any third party rights, and in no way unlawful for you to upload, import, copy, possess, post, transmit, display or otherwise use, in the country in which you or your User Platform’s visitors and users (“End Users”) reside, or for Fundky and/or your End Users to access, import, copy, upload, use or possess in connection with the Fundky Services;
8. you have obtained all consents and permissions required under all applicable laws, regarding the posting, transmission and publication of any personal information and/or image or likeness of any person, entity or property which is part of the User Content, and you will adhere to all laws applicable thereto.
In order to use our services, there are certain obligations and conditions you need to meet.
Among others, you need to be of a certain legal age of majority, reside and use our services in a permitted location.
In addition, you must own all rights in any content you upload or publish or that we access, import and/or upload for you via our services, ensure that such content is legal and reliable, and that anything you do with it (or enable Fundky or your end users to do with it) is legal.
2.2. You undertake and agree to:
1. fully comply with all applicable laws and any other contractual terms which govern your use of the Fundky Services (and any related interaction or transaction), including those specific laws applicable to you or your End Users in any of your geographical locations;
2. be solely responsible and liable with respect to any of the uses of the Fundky Services which occur under your User Account and/or User Platform(s), and for any of your User Content (including for any consequences of accessing, importing, uploading, copying, using or publishing such User Content on or with respect to the Fundky Services);
3. regularly and independently save and backup any of your User Content and the information that is being processed by you regarding your User Platform, including with respect to End Users, User Products, and any applications and/or Third Party Services used by you;
4. receive from time to time promotional messages and materials from Fundky or its partners, by mail, e-mail or any other contact form you may provide us with (including your phone number for calls or text messages). If you wish not to receive such promotional materials or notices – please just notify us at any time;
5. allow Fundky to use in perpetuity, worldwide and free of charge, any version of your User Platform (or any part thereof) for any of Fundky’s marketing and promotional activities, online and/or offline, and modify it as reasonably required for such purposes, and you waive any claims against Fundky or anyone on its behalf relating to any past, present or future moral rights, artists’ rights, or any other similar rights worldwide that you may have in or to your User Platform with respect to such limited permitted uses;
6. Fundky’s sole discretion as to the means, manner, and method for performing the Fundky Services, including those regarding the hosting, transmission, publication and/or display of any User Platforms and/or Content (including the inclusion and presentation of any advertisements or other commercial content with respect thereto).
7. Fundky shall have the right to offer the Fundky Services in alternative price plans and impose different restrictions as for the upload, storage, download and use of the Fundky Services in each price plan, including, without limitation, restrictions on network traffic and bandwidth, size and/or length of Content, quality and/or format of Content, sources of Content, volume of download time, number of subscribers to your Content, etc.
– List of Musts
You must comply with all applicable laws.
You will be responsible for your actions and for the actions of anyone who accesses your user account or user platform settings.
You shall regularly save backups of your content.
You agree that we or our partners may send you promotional messages and content.
You can easily opt-out of receiving promotional messages by contacting us.
You allow us to use your website for our promotional activities, and to determine the manner in which the services will be performed.
You agree that Fundky has the right to impose and change price plans for its Services. Additionally, Fundky may impose restrictions depending on your specific usage of the Service.
2.3. You agree and undertake not to:
1. copy, modify, create derivative works of, download, adapt, reverse engineer, emulate, migrate to another service, translate, compile, decompile or disassemble the Fundky Website, the Fundky Services (or any part thereof), any Content offered by Fundky or Third Party Services for use and display within User Platforms (“Licensed Content”) and/or any part thereof in any way, or publicly display, perform, transmit or distribute any of the foregoing without Fundky’s prior written and specific consent and/or as expressly permitted under the Fundky Terms;
2. submit, transmit or display any User Content, or use Licensed Content in a context, which may be deemed as defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, incendiary, abusive, racist, offensive, deceptive or fraudulent, encouraging criminal or harmful conduct, or which otherwise violates the rights of Fundky or any third party (including any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, contractual or fiduciary rights), or otherwise shows any person, entity or brand in a bad or disparaging light, without their prior explicit approval;
3. use any illegal action to collect login data and/or passwords for other websites, third parties, software or services;
4. phish, collect, upload, or otherwise make available credit card information or other forms of financial data used for collecting payments, unless done in accordance with any applicable law, including, with the PCI DSS standard when applicable;
5. upload, insert, collect or otherwise make available within the Fundky Website or the Fundky Services (or any part thereof), any malicious, unlawful, defamatory or obscene Content;
6. publish and/or make any use of the Fundky Services or Licensed Content on any website, media, network or system other than those provided by Fundky, and/or frame, “deep link”, “page scrape”, mirror and/or create a browser or border environment around any of the Fundky Services, Licensed Content and/or User Platform (or any part thereof), except as expressly permitted by Fundky, in advance and in writing;
7. use any “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Fundky Services (or its data and/or Content), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Fundky Services to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, services or information through any means not purposely made available through the Fundky Services;
8. act in a manner which might be perceived as damaging to Fundky’s reputation and goodwill or which may bring Fundky into disrepute or harm;
9. purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Fundky or Fundky Marks and/or variations and misspellings thereof;
10. impersonate any person or entity or provide false information on the Fundky Services and/or User Platform, whether directly or indirectly, or otherwise perform any manipulation in order to disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Fundky and/or any End Users;
11. falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely express or imply that Fundky or any third party endorses you, your User Platform, your business, your User Products, or any statement you make;
12. reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace another User of Fundky Services, or otherwise interfere with or violate any other User’s right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about visitors or users of the Fundky Services and/or User Platform without their express and informed consent;
13. disable, circumvent, bypass or otherwise avoid any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Fundky Services, User Platform, the account of another User(s), or any other systems or networks connected to the Fundky Services, by hacking, password mining, or other illegitimate or prohibited means;
14. probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Fundky Services or any network connected to the Fundky Services;
15. upload to the Fundky Services and/or User Platform or otherwise use them to design, develop, distribute and/or otherwise transmit or execute, any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, malware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component;
16. take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Fundky Services or Fundky’s systems or networks connected to the Fundky Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of any of the Fundky Services, or the servers or networks that host them or make them available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks;
17. use any of the Fundky Services and/or User Platform in connection with any form of spam, unsolicited mail, fraud, scam, phishing, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or similar conduct, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising;
18. access to Fundky Services, User Accounts, Licensed Content and/or User Content, through any means or technology (e.g. scraping and crawling), other than our publicly supported interfaces.
19. sell, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Licensed Content and/or Fundky Services, except as expressly permitted by the Fundky Terms;
20. remove or alter any copyright notices, watermarks, restrictions and signs indicating proprietary rights of any of our licensors, including copyright mark [©], Creative Commons [(cc)] indicators, or trademarks [® or ™] contained in or accompanying the Fundky Services and/or Licensed Content; or
21. violate, attempt to violate, or otherwise fail to comply with any of the Fundky Terms or any laws or requirements applicable to your use of the Fundky Services.
22. access or use the Services for benchmarking or similar competitive analysis purposes or in order to build a competitive product or service.
You acknowledge and agree that your failure to abide by any of the foregoing or any misrepresentation made by you herein may result in the immediate termination of your User Account and/or any Services provided to you – with or without further notice to you, and without any refund of amounts paid on account of any such Services.
– List of Don’ts
In general, we just want you to be nice, and avoid doing anything that might harm us or anyone else.
Among others, you may not copy our materials, use any content in an illegal or harmful manner, use our services or content on any platform or website not provided by us, make any misrepresentations or abuse our Services, or otherwise violate anyone’s rights or any applicable laws.
Failure to abide by any of these rules may bring us to cancel your account and stop providing you with any services.
3. Content and Ownership
3.1. Your Intellectual Property
As between Fundky and you, you shall own all intellectual property pertaining to your User Content and to any other materials created by you, including to any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, code, interfaces, text and literary works. Fundky does not claim ownership rights on your content. For the sole purpose of granting you the service, You know and agree that we will need to access, upload and/or copy your User Content to our platform, including cloud services and CDN’s, to make display adjustments, to duplicate for backup and perform any other technical actions and/or uses required to perform our services, as we deem fit.
You own all rights to your content. We may handle your content in order to provide you with our services.
3.2. Fundky’s Intellectual Property
All rights, title and interest in and to the Fundky Services, including any and all copyrightable materials or any other content thereof which is or may be subject to any intellectual property rights under any applicable law (including any artwork, graphics, images, website templates and widgets, literary work, source and object code, computer code (including html), applications, audio, music, video and other media, designs, animations, interfaces, documentation, derivatives and versions thereof, the “look and feel” of the Fundky Services, methods, products, algorithms, data, interactive features and objects, advertising and acquisition tools and methods, inventions, trade secrets, logos, domains, customized URLs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other proprietary identifiers, whether or not registered and/or capable of being registered (collectively, “Intellectual Property”), and any derivations thereof, are owned by and/or licensed to Fundky.
Subject to your full compliance with the Fundky Terms and timely payment of all applicable Fees, Fundky hereby grants you, upon creating your User Account and for as long as Fundky wishes to provide you with the Fundky Services, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, fully revocable, limited license to use the Fundky Services and Licensed Content, for the purpose of generating and displaying your User Platform to End Users and offering your User Products (as defined below) therein, solely as expressly permitted under the Fundky Terms, and solely within the Fundky Services.
The Fundky Terms do not convey any right or interest in or to Fundky’s Intellectual Property (or any part thereof), except only for the limited license expressly granted above. Nothing in the Fundky Terms constitutes an assignment or waiver of Fundky’s Intellectual Property rights under any law.
In addition to the above, certain fonts made available to you within the Fundky Services, are licensed to Fundky by a third party provider, and are therefore subject to additional license terms of such provider, which are summarized and available for your review at https://www.Fundky.com/about/mono-terms-of-use.
We own all rights in and to our services, content, data, technology and features.
You may use our services and content so long as you fully comply with these terms and ensure full and timely payments. Certain fonts which are available to you are licensed by a third party, make sure you read their terms as well.
3.3. Feedback and Suggestions
If you provide us with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to the Fundky Services (whether existing, suggested or contemplated), which is or may be subject to any Intellectual Property rights (“Feedback”), such Feedback shall be exclusively owned by Fundky. By providing such Feedback to Fundky, you acknowledge and agree that it may be used by Fundky in order to: (i) further develop, customize and improve of the Fundky Services, (ii) provide ongoing assistance and technical support, (iii) contact you with general or personalized Fundky -related notices and/or interview requests based on your feedback or otherwise, (iv) facilitate, sponsor and offer certain promotions, and monitor performance, (v) to create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred information, which Fundky may use to provide and improve its services, (vi) to enhance Fundky data security and fraud prevention capabilities, and (vii) to comply with any applicable laws and regulations. In addition, you (1) represent and warrant that such Feedback is accurate, complete, and does not infringe on any third party rights; (2) irrevocably assign to Fundky any right, title and interest you may have in such Feedback and (3) explicitly and irrevocably waive any and all claims relating to any past, present or future moral rights, artists’ rights, or any other similar rights worldwide in or to such Feedback.
We welcome any form of feedback or suggestions. If you do provide us with any, please make sure that it is accurate and legal.
5. Service Fees
5.1. Paid Services
The use of certain Fundky Services may be subject to payment of particular fees, as determined by Fundky in its sole discretion (“Paid Services” and “Fee(s)”, respectively). Fundky will provide notice of such Fees then in effect in relation to such Paid Services. If you wish to receive or use such Paid Services, you are required to pay all applicable Fees in advance.
Fundky reserves the right to change its Fees at any time, upon notice to you if such change may affect your existing subscriptions. If you received a discount or other promotional offer, Fundky shall have the right to automatically and without notice renew your subscription to such Fundky Service(s) at the full applicable Fee.
All Fees shall be deemed to be in Canadian Dollars for Canadian users, except as specifically stated otherwise in writing by Fundky for other country. To the extent permitted by law (and unless specified otherwise by Fundky in writing), all Fees are exclusive of all taxes (including value added tax, sales tax, goods and services tax, etc.), levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities (“Taxes”), and you shall be responsible for payment of all applicable Taxes relating to your use of the Fundky Services, or to any payments or purchases made by you. If Fundky is obligated to collect or pay Taxes for the Fees payable by you, and whether or not such Taxes were added and collected from you for previous transactions, such Taxes may be added to the payment of any outstanding Fees and will be reflected in the Invoice for such transaction. We recommend that you verify the existence of any additional fees you may be charged by third parties in connection with the purchase of Paid Services or in connection with the renewal thereof (such as international transaction fees, currency exchange fees or fees due to banks or credit card companies). Fundky is not responsible for any such additional fees or costs.
As part of registering or submitting information to receive Paid Services, you also authorize Fundky (either directly or through its affiliates, subsidiaries or other third parties such as WePay) to request and collect payment (or otherwise charge, refund or take any other billing actions) from our payment provider or your designated banking account, and to make any inquiries Fundky or its affiliates may consider necessary to validate your designated payment account or financial information, in order to ensure prompt payment, including for the purpose of receiving updated payment details from your payment, credit card or banking account provider (e.g., updated expiry date or card number as may be provided to us by your credit card company).
Fundky do not store Credit Card information. Our Third Party provider WEPAY may keep a credit card stored with Fundky to pay for Paid Services (“Stored Card”). You will be able to identify each Stored Card by its last four digits as in your Account Settings Page through the WePay access API.
Some of our services cost money. We will let you know how much beforehand
Our prices are stated in Canadian Dollars and before taxes under the Canadian and Quebec Provincial Law, unless otherwise said.
If needed, we or our affiliates may request and collect payments and related information from the relevant payment providers and banks.
Invoices for our paid services will be available in your user account.
5.3. Subscription Auto-Renewals
In order to ensure that you do not experience any interruption or loss of services, certain Paid Services include an automatic renewal option by default, according to which, unless you turn-off the auto-renewal option, such Paid Services will automatically renew upon the end of the applicable subscription period, for a renewal period equal in time to the original subscription period (excluding extended periods) and, unless otherwise notified to you, at the same price (subject to applicable Taxes changes and excluding any discount or other promotional offer provided for the first period) (“Renewing Paid Services”). For example, if the original subscription period for a Service is one month, each of its renewal periods (where applicable) will be for one month. Accordingly, where applicable, Fundky will attempt to automatically charge you the applicable Fees using the Stored Card in WePay, within up-to two (2) weeks before such renewal period commences. In the event of failure to collect the Fees owed by you, we may in our sole discretion (but shall not be obligated to) retry to collect on a later time, and/or suspend or cancel your User Account, without further notice. If your Renewing Paid Service is subject to a yearly or multiple-year subscription period, Fundky will endeavor to provide you a notice prior to the renewal of such Paid Service at least thirty (30) days in advance of the renewal date.
By entering into this Agreement and by purchasing a Renewing Paid Service, you acknowledge and agree that the Renewing Paid Service shall automatically renew in accordance with the above terms.
You may turn-off the auto-renewal option or cancel your Renewing Paid Services at any time via your User Account or by visiting Fundky Help Center.
Certain domains are subject to a different renewal policy as detailed in the Domains Registration Agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, you are and shall be solely responsible to verify and ensure the successful renewal of the Fundky Services you use (whether or not such Fundky Services are subject to automatic subscription renewals). Accordingly, you shall be solely responsible with respect to any discontinuation of any Fundky Services previously purchased by you, including due to a cancellation, failure to charge the applicable recurring Fees, or due to any Fundky Services not being subject to automatic subscription renewals. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not have any claims against Fundky in relation to the discontinuation of any Fundky Services or Third Party Services, for whatever reason.
To make sure you don’t lose your domain or experience
interruptions with your website at the end of your subscription period, we’ll automatically
renew it. Some services whether on purpose or mistake may not automatically renew. You should make sure that your subscriptions are renewed in time.
5.4. Money-Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with Fundky Services that are subject to a Fee for a period of service or subscription commitment and which is your initial purchase of such service, you may provide notice of cancellation for any reason within fourteen (14) days of having first ordered or activated such Fundky Services (the “Refund” and “Refund Period”). The Refund is applicable only to the initial purchase of Fundky services which is an upgrading of a free website by purchasing a Premium Plan (as offered on the Fundky Website). The Refund is not applicable to any additional purchases, upgrades, modification or renewals of Fundky Services. If you reside in a jurisdiction which requires a longer Refund Period, we will of course be happy to accommodate such requirements in accordance with all applicable laws. If Fundky receives such notice within such Refund Period, Fundky will refund to you the amount Fundky charged you for such Fundky Services, in currency you were originally charged in, and cancel them accordingly. Please note that the Refund amount may be different than the amount you were charged due to currency changes and third party fees. Fundky will not be responsible for any differences caused by change of currency exchange rates or fees you were charged by third parties. After the Refund Period, the Fees paid by you are non-refundable and non-cancellable. In addition, if we find that a notice of cancellation has been given in bad faith or in an illegitimate attempt to avoid payment for services actually received and enjoyed, we reserve our right to still charge the User who provided such notice for any Fundky Services actually received, as permitted by law.
Please note: Certain services purchased on or through the Fundky Services may be non-refundable. These include Third Party Services such as domains, business tools and applications. The terms of each purchased service or application are indicated on the Fundky Website and/or as part of or during the process of purchasing such services or applications. It is your obligation to verify your ability to cancel a service prior to purchasing it. Fundky will not refund any amounts paid for non-refundable Paid Services, applications or Third Party Services.
We are happy to offer a 14-day money-back guarantee for our monthly or annual paid services when first purchased. This may be extended according to the law.
Please carefully check the terms of each service before buying, since some services are non-refundable.
If, at any time, we record a decline, chargeback or other rejection of a charge of any payable Fees on your Fundky account (“Chargeback”), this will be considered as a breach of your payment obligations hereunder, and your use of the Fundky Services may be automatically disabled or terminated.
In the event a Chargeback is performed, your User Account may be blocked without the option to re-purchase or re-use it, and any data contained in such User Account, including any domains, applications and Third Party Services may be subject to cancellation and Capacity Loss (as defined in Section 6.3 below).
Your use of the Fundky Services will not resume until you re-subscribe for any such Fundky Services, and pay any applicable Fees in full, including any fees and expenses incurred by Fundky and/or any Third Party Services for each Chargeback received (including Fees for Fundky Services provided prior to the Chargeback, handling and processing charges and fees incurred by the payment processor).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a payment made to Fundky, we encourage you to first contact our Customer Support team before filing a Chargeback or reversal of payment, in order to prevent the Fundky Services from being cancelled and your User Account being blocked, and to avoid the filing of an unwarranted or erroneous Chargeback, which may result in your being liable for its applicable Fees, in addition to re-payment of all the Fees applicable to the Fundky Services purchased (and charged-back) by you.
We reserve our right to dispute any Chargeback received, including by providing the relevant credit card company or financial institution with any information and documentation proving that the User responsible for such Chargeback did in fact authorize the transaction and make use of the services rendered thereafter.
Chargebacks may bring us to cancel your account, so we urge you to avoid causing them.
Please contact our Customer Support team before filing a chargeback. You will be responsible for any incorrect fees, losses and expenses that follow.
6.1. Cancellation by User
You may discontinue to use and request to cancel your User Account and/or any Fundky Services at any time, in accordance with the instructions available on the Fundky Services. The effective date and time for such cancellation shall be the date and time on which you have completed the cancellation process on the Fundky Services, and the effective date for cancellation of Paid Services shall be at the end of such Paid Services’ subscription period.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, with respect to subscriptions to Renewing Paid Services, such subscription will be discontinued only upon the expiration of the respective period for which you have already made payment. Please note that as the cancellation process may take a few days, in order to avoid the next automatic renewal and respective charge the cancellation request should be made at least fourteen (14) days prior to the expiration of the then-current service period.
For more information about cancelling your Paid Services, please visit Fundky Help Center.
You may cancel your account or any services at any time. Once we process your cancellation request, we will not charge you for any additional subscription renewals.
6.2. Cancellation by Fundky
Failure to comply with any of the Fundky Terms and/or to pay any due Fee shall entitle Fundky to suspend (until full payment is made) or cancel your User Account and User Platform (or certain features thereof), as well as the provision of any related Fundky Services (e.g., Paid Services) or Third Party Services to you.
If you violate any of these terms or fail to make timely payments, we may suspend or cancel your account.
6.3. Loss of Data, Content and Capacity
If your User Account or any Fundky Services or Third Party Services related to your User Account are cancelled (whether at your request or at Fundky’s discretion), it may cause or result in the loss of certain content, features, or capacity of your User Account, including any User Content, End User data or other usage data retained therein, and including any domain name reservation or registration that was included in such Services (“Capacity Loss”). Fundky shall not be liable in any way for such Capacity Loss, or for saving a backup of your User Account, User Content or End User data. Please also note that additional Fees may apply to re-activation of a User Account and/or any Fundky Services following their cancellation, as determined by Fundky in its sole discretion.
If your account or any of your services are cancelled, it may result in loss of content and data. You are responsible to back up your data and materials.
The Fundky Services also include certain features for Non Profit organisations (NPO) or other organisations and corporations which enable you to sell goods, content, media and services through your User Platform (“User Products”, and collectively – “Fundky-commerce”).
You are solely responsible for your User Products and Fundky-commerce related activities, and any promotions and related Content contained or referred to in your User Platform, and compliance with any laws applicable thereto. We are merely providing the platform for you to manage your online Fundky-commerce activities. We are not involved in your relationship and/or any transaction with any actual or potential buyer of your User Products. When someone purchases your User Products, such transaction’s payments will be processed through such third party payment service providers with which you decided to register and set up an account (“Fundky-commerce Service Provider(s)”), in accordance with such Fundky-commerce Service Provider’s terms of service and other applicable policies. We are neither a party to nor are responsible in any way for your relationship with any such Fundky-commerce Service Providers, or for the actions of any of these Fundky-commerce Service Providers.
By using any of our Fundky-commerce features, you acknowledge, warrant and agree that:
1. You shall be solely and fully responsible for all Taxes and fees of any nature associated with your Fundky-commerce activities, including any Taxes related to the purchase or sale of the User Products, and to collect, report and remit the correct amounts to the appropriate authorities and/or inform your End Users of such and provide them with a duly issued invoice as required by law;
2. Any Taxes indicated by the Fundky-commerce features provided to you by Fundky are solely provided for illustration purposes only, and may not be relied on in any way;
3. You shall be responsible for and bear all costs of procuring and delivering your User Products, and for providing them in a safe and professional manner, consistent with industry standards;
4. You are solely responsible for any and all statements and promises you make and for all assistance, warranty and support regarding the User Products, and shall provide true contact information on your User Platform for any questions, complaints or claims; and
5. You may not offer or sell any User Products, or provide any information, Content or material regarding User Products, which may be deemed hazardous, counterfeit, stolen, fraudulent, offensive or abusive; which are prohibited for sale, distribution or use; or which otherwise fail to comply with any applicable laws, including with respect to consumer rights, intellectual property or privacy rights, product safety, trade regulations and sanctions, support, maintenance and export; and –
6. Fundky may, at any time and at its sole discretion, suspend, disable access to or remove your User Platform and/or any User Products – whether or not incorporated, published with or made a part of your User Platform at such time, without any liability to you or to any End Users, including for any Capacity Loss resulted therefrom.
You can use our services to sell your products, content and services online.
You are responsible for all your sales activities, including your relationships with customers and any payment service providers.
8. Video Services
As part of the Fundky Services, Fundky may provide video services (such as Fundky Video or Fundky Gallery) for managing videos on User Platforms (the “Video Services”).
You may need to obtain a license for certain online video activities. It is your responsibility to verify such requirement and obtain, such license if required.
If your needs require a more inclusive plan than those regularly offered by us, please contact our support team at: email@example.com.
9. Third Party Services
The Fundky Services enable you to engage and procure certain third party services, products and tools for enhancing your User Platform and your overall user experience, including, without limitation, domain registrars from which you may purchase a domain name for your User Website, third party applications and widgets offered via the Fundky Website (including the Fundky App Market), third party Licensed Content, media distribution services, Fundky-commerce, Service Providers, sellers of tangible products, third party designers who may assist you with your User Platform, etc. (collectively, “Third Party Services”).
You acknowledge and agree that regardless of the manner in which such Third Party Services may be offered to you (bundled or integrated within certain Fundky Services, offered separately by Fundky or persons certified or authorized by Fundky, or otherwise offered anywhere on the Fundky Services), Fundky merely acts as an intermediary platform between you and such Third Party Services, and does not in any way endorse any such Third Party Services, or shall be in any way responsible or liable with respect thereto. Fundky will not be a party to, or in any way be responsible for monitoring, any interaction or transaction between you and any Third party Services.
You acknowledge that such services may require the payment of additional amounts to Fundky and/or to the providers of such Third-Party Services.
Any and all use of such Third Party Services shall be done solely at your own risk and responsibility, and may be subject to such legal and financial terms which govern such Third Party Services, which you are encouraged to review before engaging with them.
While we hope to avoid such instances, Fundky may, at any time and at its sole discretion, suspend, disable access to or remove from your User Account, User Platform(s) and/or the Fundky Services, any Third Party Services – whether or not incorporated with or made part of your User Account and/or User Platform(s) at such time – without any liability to you or to any End Users.
Our services enable you to get various services and tools from third parties that are not affiliated with us.
Since we only act as an intermediary platform between you and such parties, only you will be responsible for your engagements with them.
We can remove services at any time, which may affect your website, user account or overall experience.
10. Fundky Logo and logo material uploaded
As part of the Fundky Services, we enable you to upload your own customized business logo on Fundky. In doing so, you acknowledge that waive all right and will grant a free permission to use your logo in Fundky promotional activities.
11. Misconduct and Copyrights
Make sure to read the additional terms regarding using the Fundky Logo in your communication which are in addition to our general terms.
11.1. Misconduct and Abuse
When using the Fundky Services, you may be exposed to User Platforms, User Content or Third Party Services from a variety of sources, which may be inaccurate, offensive, objectionable or illegal. You hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Fundky with respect thereto.
If you believe a User or any Third Party Services acted inappropriately or otherwise misused any of the Fundky Services, please immediately report such User and/or Third Party Service to us via this firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree that your report shall not impose any responsibility or liability upon Fundky, and that Fundky may consider such report and act upon it, refrain from taking any such action or require additional information or documents before doing so, at its sole discretion.
If you witness or experience any misconduct or abusive behavior by anyone using our services, please let us know.
Fundky acts in accordance with its interpretation of the best practice in the industry. If you believe that your work has been copied or was otherwise used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us of such infringement via at email@example.com, or otherwise provide the following information in writing to our designated Copyright Agent : firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) the contact details of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit Fundky to locate the material (including URL address); (4) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Fundky’s Copyright Agent can be reached at the following address:
5570, cartier, office 102
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Attn: Copyright Agent
Telephone Number: 1-514-521-7474
In the event that Fundky receives notice regarding a copyright infringement related to your User Platform or User Website, it may cancel your User Account, take your User Platform down or remove any Content in its sole discretion, with or without prior notice to you.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others.
If your copyrighted works were used inappropriately by any of our users – please let us know and provide us with all the necessary information, and we will take care of it, but in anyway Fundky will be responsible for the consequences, lawsuits, judgements, time frame. Fundky will not be obliged to answer or provide results in anyway nor within a restricted timeframe.
If we receive a copyright infringement notice regarding your website or content, we may remove or cancel your website and account.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties
We provide the Fundky Services on an “As Is”, “with all faults” and “As Available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, including any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, non-infringement, or any other warranty – all to the fullest extent permitted by law. We specifically do not represent or warrant that the Fundky Services (or any part, feature or Content thereof) are complete, accurate, of any certain quality, reliable or secure in any way, suitable for or compatible with any of your (or your End Users’) contemplated activities, devices, operating systems, browsers, software or tools (or that they will remain as such at any time), or comply with any laws applicable to you or your End Users (including in any jurisdiction in which you operate), or that their operation will be free of any viruses, bugs or other harmful components or program limitations. Moreover, we do not endorse any entity, product or service (including any Third Party Services) mentioned on or made available via the Fundky Services – so please be sure to verify those before using or otherwise engaging them
Fundky may, at its sole discretion (however it shall have no obligation to do so), screen, monitor and/or edit any User Platform and/or User Content, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, in no circumstances may Fundky be considered as a “publisher” of any User Content, does not in any way endorse any User Content, and assumes no liability for any User Content uploaded, posted, published and/or made available by any User or any other party on and/or through the Fundky Services, for any use by any party, or for any loss, deletion or damage thereto or thereof or any loss, damage, cost or expense that you or others may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with publishing, accessing and/or relying on any User Content. Furthermore, Fundky shall not be liable for any mistakes, defamation, libel, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, incitement and/or any other unlawful and/or infringing User Content you or any other party may encounter.
You acknowledge that there are risks in using the Fundky Services and/or connecting and/or dealing with any Third Party Services through or in connection with Fundky Services, and that Fundky cannot and does not guarantee any specific outcomes from such use and/or interactions, and you hereby assume all such risks, liabilities and/or harm of any kind arising in connection with and/or resulting from such interactions. Such risks may include, among others, misrepresentation of information about and/or by Third Party Services and/or Licensed Content, breach of warranty and/or contract, violation of rights, and any consequent claims.
Fundky does not recommend the use of the Fundky Services for hosting of personal content and shall not bear any security or integrity obligations or risks regarding breach or damage to any such content.
Please note that certain Fundky Services are currently offered in their BETA version, and undergoing BETA testing. You understand and agree that certain Fundky Services may still contain software bugs, suffer disruptions and not operate as intended or designated. Your use of the Fundky Services at this BETA stage signifies your agreement to participate in such Fundky Services’ BETA testing.
We make no warranties regarding our services, including their quality, reliability, security, compatibility and conditions.
We may monitor and edit your website and content.
However, we are not to be considered a “publisher” of your content, we do not endorse your content, and will not be liable for any content used by you or anyone else.
There are risks in using our services or anyone else’s services. You accept such risks.
Some of our services are still in BETA, and may contain bugs or experience interruptions.
13. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law in each applicable jurisdiction, Fundky, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates and/or agents shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever, including any damages resulting from (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of or in any content; (2) any personal injury or property damage related to your use of the Fundky Services; (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any personal information and/or other information stored therein; (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Fundky Services; (5) the use or display of any Content or User Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Fundky Services; (6) events beyond the reasonable control of Fundky, including any internet failures, equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, intergalactic struggles, governmental actions, orders of courts, agencies or tribunals or non-performance of third parties; and/or (7) loss of use, data, profits, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from the use or the inability to use any or all of Fundky Services.
You acknowledge and agree that these limitations of liability are agreed allocations of risk constituting in part the consideration for Fundky’s services to you, and such limitations will apply even if Fundky has been advised of the possibility of such liabilities.
Subject to applicable law, we will not be liable for any damages.
If we get sued or are otherwise placed in harm’s way because of something you did, you will bear the associated costs and damages.
15.1. Changes & Updates
Fundky reserves the right to change, suspend or terminate any of the Fundky Services (or any features thereof, or prices applicable thereto), and/or cancel your access to any of the Fundky Services (including removal of any materials created by you in connection with the Fundky Services) for any reason and/or change any of the Fundky Terms with or without prior notice – at any time and in any manner.
You agree that Fundky will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of those Fundky Services.
If any such changes involve the payment of additional Fees, we will provide you with a notice of such Fees prior to enabling such specific changes. If you fail or refuse to pay such Fees, we may (at our sole discretion) cancel your User Account (as further explained in Section 6 above), continue to support your then-current Fundky Services without enabling such changes, or provide you with alternative Services.
We may make changes to our services or to these terms at any time.
15.2. Governing Law & Jurisdiction; Class Action Waiver
The Fundky Terms, the rights and remedies provided hereunder, and any and all claims and disputes related hereto and/or to the Fundky Services, their interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from or pursuant to the Fundky Terms, or any related transaction or purchase, shall be governed by, construed under and enforced in all respects solely and exclusively in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the State of Quebec, Canada, without respect to its conflict of laws principles.
Any and all such claims and disputes shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by, a court of competent jurisdiction located in Quebec, Canada. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
Subject to any applicable law, all disputes between you and Fundky shall only be resolved on an individual basis and you shall not have the right to bring any claim against Fundky as a plaintiff or a member of a class, consolidated or representative actions (or any other legal proceedings conducted by a group or by representatives on behalf of others).
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Section 15.2, if you are located in the United States of America, (i) the legal jurisdiction governing all aspects of the payment transaction contemplated by Section 5 between you and Fundky will be the province of Quebec, Canada, without respect to its conflict of laws principles, and (ii) any and all claims and disputes related to such payment transaction contemplated by Section 5 shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by, a court of competent jurisdiction located in Quebec, Canada.
These terms and our relationship shall be governed by the laws of the province of Quebec, Canada. Any disputes between us may only be brought before the courts of Quebec, Canada.
We may provide you with notices in any of the following methods: (1) via the Fundky Services, including by a banner or pop-up within the Fundky Website, User Account or elsewhere; (2) by e-mail, sent to the e-mail address you provided us; and/or (3) through any other means, including any phone number or physical address you provided us. Fundky’s notice to you will be deemed received and effective within twenty four (24) hours after it was published or sent through any of the foregoing methods, unless otherwise indicated in the notice.
The Fundky Terms, and your use of the Fundky Services, do not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between Fundky and you.
We may provide you with notices via our services, by e-mail or through any other contact means you provided us.
Accepting these terms and services does not form a partnership or any special relationship between us
15.5. Entire Agreement
These terms (together with additional terms) shall constitute the sole and entire agreement between us
Fundky may assign its rights and/or obligations hereunder and/or transfer ownership rights and title in the Fundky Services and/or Licensed Content to a third party without your consent or prior notice to you. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Fundky. Any attempted or actual assignment thereof without Fundky’s prior explicit and written consent will be null and void. In any event, an assignment or transfer pursuant to this Section 15.6 shall not in itself grant either Fundky or you the right to cancel any Fundky Services or Third Party Services then in effect.
We may assign our rights and obligations to other parties. You may only do so with our prior written consent
15.7. Severability & Waivers
If any provision of the Fundky Terms is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. No Waiver of any breach or default of any of the Fundky Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
These terms are independent from each other, in case any of them is found invalid.
Any heading, caption or section title contained herein, and any explanation or summary under the right “” column, is provided only for convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof, or legally binds any of us in any way.
Translated (non-English) versions of these terms are provided for convenience only.
15.9. Customer Service Contact
To get in touch with our Customer Service – please use any of the options listed below:
1. Go to Fundky Help Center which is available at:
2. Send an email message to: email@example.com